Fifteen4 is seeking a passionate Creative Director with a background in Digital and Design.
As Creative Director, Digital and Design, you will lead the Fifteen4 digital and design team in the exploration and production for a range of deliverables including website design, brand identity, campaign creative, social content and assets, slide deck presentations, web animation, and more. A solid understanding of digital design principles, typography, and layout is required. The ability to clearly discuss design
approach and its role in creative problem solving with clients and staff is also essential.
Our agency environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with multiple co-workers, teams, vendors, and management across a variety of different projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a tight group of creatives. Founded in 2004, Fifteen4 continues to be one of the best branding and design agencies in the Baltimore region. If you are passionate about design, have experience and talent, and are ready to work in a highly creative environment, we are looking for you.
- Be an energizing and empathetic leader. You’ll help us grow our Digital and Design practice and provide mentorship and oversight to graphic designers on the team.
- Balance being a design leader and individual contributor to digital and design work.
- Think big picture for the company while conquering the day-to-day design tasks.
- Contribute to the vision for Fifteen4 as a member of the leadership team.
- Help estimate time and costs for digital and design projects.
- Write creative briefs.
- Have an eye for design, an ear for copy, and mind for strategy.
- Build website designs, brand identities, ad campaigns, and digital experiences.
- Pitch and present work to clients.
- Provide rationales for design choices and approaches to staff and clients.
- Collaborate with other designers, copywriters, web developers, animators, and live action creatives.
- Provide direction and feedback to in-house and freelance designers.
- Prioritize workflow for timely delivery of projects.
- Stay current on industry trends.
- Influence office culture and commit to the growth and success of Fifteen4.
- Do super cool work!
- BFA in Graphic Design or related field
- 8+ years of experience at creative agencies
- Strong online portfolio that demonstrates web design, graphic design, interaction design, typography, storytelling, attention to detail, and personality.
- Experience in brand identity and communications
- Ability to conceptualize original ideas through design, illustration and photography
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic mindset
- Sense of humor
- Expertise in Mac and Adobe® Creative Suite
- The employee occasionally Stands; Walks; the employee frequently Reaches with hands and arms; Talks and hears; the employee regularly Sits; Uses hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel
- Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment The employee occasionally lifts objects up to 10 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception; Ability to adjust focus
- Collaborate with our Partner, Live Action and Animation and Founding Partner and Chief Strategist on finding innovative ways to enhance our creative output.
- Collaborate with our Managing Partner on establishing best practices for pitching new design and digital work for clients.
- Adhere to our team values: Creativity, Adaptability, Growth, Problem-Solving, and Kindness.
- Work in our Baltimore office at least two full days per week
- Serve our mission and don’t phone it in.
- Keep up with our super talented team by kicking a-s and getting stuff done.
Baltimore, MD (In office 2-3 days per week / Remote otherwise)
How to Apply
Please send a resumé, cover letter to Will Smallman describing your interest in this position.
No phone calls.
We are a collection of talented designers, web developers, strategists, filmmakers, animators, and writers that take joy in working together to make an impact. We partner with our clients to highlight the beauty in their story and the truth in their message; shaping their aspirations into work that fuels their progress.
We believe in collaboration, open and honest communication, the importance of clients who value our partnership, and the delivery of creative that fits the brands we serve.