Welcome to the Design of Experience: conversations about the ideas that make us feel a tribal devotion to the things we love.
This one’s about: Motorcycle gang morality, software taste testing, and Apple evangelism. Is culture more impactful than company strategy? How can you find what truly holds meaning for consumers? Today, Steve, Emily, and Matt discuss the consumer journey to tribal devotion.
Resources referenced in this episode:
- Tribal Marketing, Tribal Branding by Brendan Richardson
- Slack’s $25 Billion Dollar Secret Sauce by Andrew Wilkenson
- How I Built This with Guy Raz: Slack & Flickr, Stewart Butterfield
- Tribal Leadership by Dave Logan, John King, and Halee Fischer-Wright
- Stages of Tribal Leadership cheat sheet
- Nielsen Norman Group: Don Norman