Welcome to the Design of Experience: conversations about the ideas that make us feel a tribal devotion to the things we love.
This one’s about: The attitude adjusting powers of Woodford Reserve, the party scene in airport terminals, and moments of clarity in a P.F. Chang’s. What’s the ROI of a smile? How can anticipation and spontaneity take your brand from respected to preferred? Today, Steve and Emily discuss how the smallest moments can have the biggest impact.
Resources referenced in this episode:
- The Culture Blueprint by Robert Richman
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh
- How I Built This with Guy Raz | Zappos: Tony Hsieh
- The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else in Business by Patrick Lencioni
The Little Things:
- Familiarity (knowing your customers’ names, the customer looks forward to being known)
- Complimentary goods/services
- Establishing trust (sacrificing the short-term for the long-term)